Downtown Richmond is home to more courts than nearly every other city in the country – this means every level of state and federal court except for the Supreme Court of the United States!
As the only law school within an hour, our law students enjoy a natural advantage in accessing the judiciary for both work and observation.
Here are just a few of the courts located in the heart of Downtown:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Court of Appeals of Virginia
- Richmond Circuit Court
- Richmond General District Court
- Richmond Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court